Speaker's Task Force on Youth Workforce Readiness Notice
Speaker's Task Force on Youth Workforce Readiness
The committee will hold a public hearing on the following items at the time specified below:
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Eleva-Strum High School Auditorium
W23597 US-10, Strum, WI
The Task Force will hear invited testimony from the following individuals and organizations:
- Cory Kulig, Eleva-Strum High School Principal
- Dan Conroy, Retired Vice President of Human Resources at Nexen Group Matt Guse, Owner of MRS Machining
- Craig Cegielski, Eleva-Strum Technical Education Teacher Bruce Barker, President of Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Jeff Sullivan, Dean of Industry, Agriculture and Energy at Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Lynette Livingston, Dean of Business and Academic Initiatives of Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Steve Plendle, Chippewa Valley Technical College Machine Tool Instructor Todd Wenzel, President of the Precision Metal Forming Association
- Colin Nyseth, Student in Cardinal Manufacturing
- Katie Solfest, Student in Cardinal Manufacturing Cole Nichols, Student in Cardinal Manufacturing Grant Austin, Student in Cardinal Manufacturing
- Tyson Rohscheib, Former student production manager of Cardinal Manufacturing
- Paula Haugle, Elmwood School Counselor
- Jenn Slusser, Transition Coordinator for Holmen High School
- Kristine North and Helen Glaser, Special Education teacher and student for New Auburn High School
- Candyce Lund, Director of Instructional Services for CESA 10
Additional invited speakers may testify. Members of the Speaker's Task Force on Youth Workforce Readiness will break from the hearing for a tour of Cardinal Manufacturing, which is on the premise. Members of the media and the public are welcome to join the Task Force on the tour. The Task Force will not take executive action nor receive testimony during the tour. After the tour is completed the Task Force will reconvene in the Auditorium to receive testimony
Representative Bob Kulp
I have been asked about teleconferencing for this hearing. That option will not available for this hearing. However, if members are unable to make it, but would like to watch the hearing it will be live-streamed from the school. Here’s the instructions from Craig Cegielski of Eleva-Strum:
Here is the direct link to the site. http://www.esschools.k12.wi.us/cardinaltv.cfm
Just go to this link and select which type of device you will be watching on. This will be shown live and then archived and be able to be watched at a later date also. Might not be up for a few days after the event to be viewed again.
People can also just go to the Eleva-Strum High School website and click on the Cardinal TV option and this will take them to the link that I provided for you above.
I hope to see most of you tomorrow. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact my office (608-267-0280).
Make it a Great Day!
July 27, 2015
Cardinal Manufacturing founder and instructor Craig Cegielski has been named 2015-216 Monsanto Fund Rural Teacher of the Year. Purdue University's John Hill, Executive Director of the National Rural Education Association made the announcement July 27, 2015. Read more below.